JTA Academic All Stars
The purpose of Academic All Stars is to promote academic awareness in our athletes while building a sense of team pride. The goal is for all athletes to feel a sense of pride that they too can achieve academic success while achieving athletic success.
• 3rd through 7th grades will be participating
• 3rd and 4th grades will have a team award only
• 5th through 7th grades will have a team award and individual straight A recognition
• Must have 100% participation for team award
• GPA’s will be calculated from core courses only
• Grades will not be weighted
• Only select “boxes” will be used from 3rd and 4th grade report cards
1. Each head coach needs to collect a photocopy of report cards in sealed envelopes from their players. 5th, 6th, and 7th graders will turn in a copy of grades from Parent Portal.
2. Coaches need to turn in a TEAM ROSTER along with all grades in a sealed envelope.
3. TURN IN GRADES by Nov. 3rd – collection box will be inside the JTA field by the weigh-in room and a residence that was announced in a letter sent to JTA coaches. If you need to make other arrangements, email email@example.com
4. GPA calculations will be verified by a 3rd party.
5. All photocopied report cards will be shredded after completion of ceremony.
6. Winning teams and straight A award winners will line up on the Jenks High School football field and their names will be announced at the first high school playoff game.
7. Team awards will not be handed to the athletes directly. The packets will be given to the respective head coaches for distribution at their discretion.
8. Jenks Cheer and Pom athletes will be present during the awards presentation to organize players and teams and to give them direction.
***Award presentation information will be emailed to grade reps***
BECAUSE IT IS A PLAYOFF GAME-EVERYONE MUST PAY TO GET IN TO THE GAME.
Late grades will not be accepted